Photo Gallery: Domestic Worker Care Congress
(July 11 - 15, 2011)
- Secretary Solis delivers remarks at the Care Congress in Washington DC on July 12, 2011. The event was a town hall meeting organized by worker centers, unions, and nonprofit organizations to discuss care in America and launch a new national campaign called Caring Across Generations.
- In her remarks to the Care Congress, Secretary Solis shared her own mother’s experience as a domestic worker and the need for reform so that caregivers earn the dignity they deserve in the form of living wages and a voice in their workplace.
- Secretary Solis was joined on the stage by Sarita Gupta (l), director of Jobs with Justice and Simon Greer (r), director of Jewish Funds for Justice both of whose organization are playing a leadership role in supporting caregivers.
- Secretary Solis and Sarita Gupta share a laugh as they rally the crowd of over 700 people at the Washington Hilton event.
- Secretary Solis and her senior advisor Mary Beth Maxwell have a conversation with an audience member following the Secretary’s speech.