Photo Gallery: New York Asian American and Pacific Islander Summit
(July 9, 2011)
- Nearly 150 people, representing Chinese and Korean speaking communities in New York City, attended the summit, which was held at the historic Flushing Town Hall in Flushing Queens, NY.
- Lenny Moy, president, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance New York Chapter, address summit attendees.
- John C. Liu, comptroller, City of New York, welcomes summit attendees.
- Patricia Shiu, director, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and member of the Interagency Working Group of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders offers inspiring remarks during her keynote address.
- Beatriz Cabrera, an OSHA compliance assistance specialist from the Parsippany Area Office, demonstrates how to file an OSHA complaint during a skit performed during the summit.
- Joel Thein, OSHA compliance officer from the Manhattan Area Office, addresses a group of summit attendees during a break-out session on worker protection issues.
- Pat Shiu joins OSHA representatives during the summit (1-r) Robert Kulick, Richard Mendelson, Kay Gee, Laura Kenny, John Frowd, Kevin Brennan and Tony Ciuffo.