Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Welcomes Chef Ming Tsai
(May 23, 2011)
- With the Capitol in the background, Secretary Solis welcomes Celebrity Chef Ming Tsai to her office.
- Chef Tsai enjoys a meet and greet with DOL employees and staff in Secretary Solisís office.
- Students from the Labor Departmentís Job Corps Program are invited to meet Chef Tsai as they prepare for careers in the culinary world.
- Chef Tsai gives Job Corps students advice about how to be successful in their careers as chefs. Secretary Solis looks on.
- Chef Tsai discusses his personal journey to becoming a chef and the legacy he hopes to leave.
- Secretary Solis changes hats, puts on her cooking gear and plays chef.
- Chef Tsai demonstrates his skills in a live cooking demonstration by preparing Black Bean Orecchiette with Spicy Pork and Broccoli.
- A Job Corps student lends a hand in the cooking demonstration. It smells delicious!
- Secretary Solis gives Chef Tsai a commemorative Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month poster. To the right is DOL Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs Pat Shiu