Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis at Foundation Meeting
(May 19, 2011)
- Nancy Straw (center), president of the West Central Initiative in Minnesota shares effective rural employment strategies with Secretary Solis and fellow foundation presidents (from l to r) Mariam Noland from the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan, Diane Edgerton Miller from the Blue Moon Fund, and Jamie Merisotis from the Lumina Foundation.
- Secretary Solis is joined by (from l to r) Nancy Straw of the West Central Initiative, Diane Edgerton Miller of the Blue Moon Fund, Jamie Merisotis of the Lumina Foundation, Luis Ubiñas of the Ford Foundation, Mariam Noland of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan, Mary McClymont of the Public Welfare Foundation, and Heather Grady of the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Bill Spriggs, Assistant Secretary for Policy, discusses intergovernmental agency collaborations, flanked by (from l to r) Mark Abbot of the C.S. Mott Foundation, Chauncy Lennon of the Ford Foundation, and Whitney Smith of the Joyce Foundation.
- Secretary Solis with Hector Cordero Guzman from the City University of New York who served as the meeting facilitator.
- Ben Seigel, Deputy Director for the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships (foreground), introduces Secretary Solis to the group of foundations.
- Bob Shull from the Public Welfare Foundation discusses the work his foundation is doing to raise health and safety awareness among immigrant workers.
- Melvina Ford, policy advisor for the Wage and Hour Division, discusses new workplace investigation protocols that have recently been implemented between the Department of Labor and Department of Homeland Security.
- Sid Voorakkara from the California Endowment discusses the role foundations often play in disseminating government grant opportunities and providing technical assistance to prospective applicants.