Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis co-hosts a forum at The White House titled Women Organize
(March 31, 2011)
- Secretary Solis welcomes attendees at Wednesday’s White House forum in honor of Cesar Chavez Day. Also on the stage (from left to right) are: Christine Chavez, Program Leader - Farmworker Coordination, Office of Advocacy and Outreach, U.S. Department of Agriculture: Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar; Julie Rodriguez, Director, Youth in the Great Outdoors, U.S. Department of Interior; Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack.
- Cecilia Muñoz, White House Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, shares her thoughts on Cesar Chavez’ legacy with audience member at the White House forum on Cesar Chavez Day.
- U.S. Agriculture Secretary, Tom Vilsack, speaks to audience members about the need to remember the struggle of farmworkers and the selflessness of Cesar Chavez as Christine Chavez and Julie Rodriguez – both of whom are granddaughters of the iconic Chicano civil rights leader – look on.
- Secretary Solis answers a question from Julie Rodriguez (at podium) on the ways her department is helping to carry on the struggle for justice and the commitment to equality that exemplified Cesar Chavez’ life. Solis is seated between her fellow Cabinet Members: U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack and U.S. Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar (foreground).
- Secretary Solis joined Bruce Andersen and Eugenia Ordynsky, officials of Local 12, for a wreath laying and moment of silence at the Cesar Chavez tile mural in the Department of Labor’s lobby.