Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Meets With Ambassadors To Discuss Migrant Worker Protections
(December 2, 2010)
- Secretary Solis discusses the Department’s programs to protect migrant workers. She is joined by (from left to right): Ambassador Francisco Campbell of Nicaragua, Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan of Mexico, and Labor Minister Max Puig of the Dominican Republic.
- Ambassadors from Central America and Caribbean countries meet with Secretary Solis and Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan of Mexico to begin conversations about partnerships to protect migrant workers.
- Secretary Solis engages in conversation with Labor Minister Max Puig of the Dominican Republic about their experiences.
- Secretary Solis encourages Latin American and Caribbean countries present to participate in a partnership to protect workers.
- Secretary Solis and Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan of Mexico speak about the success of cooperating with the Department of Labor.
- The meeting drew Ambasssadors and a Labor Minister from Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama.
- Front Row: Ambassador Audrey P. Marks of Jamaica, Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan of Mexico. Back Row: Deputy Undersecretary of International Affairs Sandra Polaski, Ambassador Louis Harold Joseph of Haiti, Acting Chief of Staff Janna Bergquist of the Wage and Hour Division, Oscar Nunez from the Embassy of Honduras, Ambassador Muni Figueres Boggs of Costa Rica, Ambassador Francisco Villagran of Guatemala, Ambassador Jaime E. Aleman of Panama, Ambassador Roberto B. Saladin of the Dominican Republic, Minister Max Puig of the Dominican Republic, Ambassador Francisco Altschul of El Salvador, Ambassador Francisco Campbell of Nicaragua, and Assistant Secretary David Michaels of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.