Photo Gallery: DOL's Annual Salute to Veterans
(November 4, 2010)
- The Air Force Band from Bolling Air Force Base accompanied the Salute with music.
- Brigadier General Leslie A. Purser, Deputy Chief Army Reserve, and Major General Errol R. Schwartz, Commanding General, Joint Force Headquarters, District of Columbia National Guard participated in the Salute.
- Assistant Secretary for VETS Ray Jefferson welcomes veterans and honored guests to the 2010 Salute to Veterans.
- Director of the U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program Col. Gregory Gadson is introduced as the keynote speaker.
- Participants at the Salute to Veterans recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Military District of Washington Armed Forces Color Guard presenting the colors.
- Women’s Bureau Director Sara Manzano-Diaz delivers remarks on the importance of service to female veterans in need.
- Secretary Solis is warmly welcomed by an enthusiastic crowd.
- Secretary Solis introduces a special group of veterans who have gone through Labor Department programs.
- Assistant Secretary Jefferson introduces Col. Gregory Gadson.
- Col. Gregory Gadson greets the audience.
- Col. Gregory Gadson delivers remarks on the meaning of family in the military.
- Col. Gadson and Secretary Solis share a hug.
- Brian Kennedy, assistant secretary for congressional and intergovernmental affairs joins Senator Mark Begich for the Joint Service medley.
- Assistant Secretary Jefferson, Secretary Solis, Col. Gadson, Senator Begich and his wife Deborah Bornito pose for a photo after the Salute.
- West Point classmates Col. Gadson and Assistant Secretary Jefferson after the Salute.