Photo Gallery: Hispanic Heritage Month Activities
(September 15-16, 2010)
- Secretary Solis and Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to the President kick-off Cafecito con la Secretaria - Hispanic Heritage Month event at the White House.
- Secretary Solis recognizes students from the Potomac Job Corps Center who catered the Cafecito con la Secretaria event at the White House.
- Secretary Solis addresses national Latino leaders at the White House kicking off Hispanic Heritage festivities.
- Among the VIPs that attended Cafecito con la Secretaria included (L to R) former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Federico Peña, Cecilia Muñoz, White House director of Intergovernmental Affairs, U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis and Civil Rights leader Dolores Huerta.
- Secretary Solis addresses Latino leaders at a White House Briefing.
- More than 250 Latino leaders from around the country participated in a White House briefing.
- Secretary Solis addresses Latino leaders at a White House briefing.
- Secretary Solis pays tribute to Latina leaders in public service at annual breakfast.
- Potomac Job Corps students catered National Hispana Leadership Institute breakfast.
- During a National Hispana Leadership Institute breakfast Secretary Solis highlights a DOL poster highlighting a success story from a Job Corps alumni.
- Secretary Solis is honored for her public service by members of the National Hispana Leadership Institute (L-R) Ingrid Duran, NHLI Immediate Past Chair; NHLI’s President, Cristina López; Secretary Solis; Barbara DesMarteau, Deputy Assistant Secretary, ETA; and Marieli Colón-Padilla, Chairwoman of the NHLI Board of Directors.