Photo Gallery: Stakeholder Roundtable: African American Community Leaders
(June 22, 2010)
- National Urban League’s Marc Morial with Secretary Hilda L. Solis, before the roundtable discussion.
- Secretary Hilda L. Solis and Reverend Al Sharpton of the National Action Network.
- (Left to Right): Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Jr., Clayola Brown, Marc Morial, Dr. Lezli Baskerville, Secretary Hilda L. Solis, Dr. William E. Spriggs, Melanie L. Campbell, Rev. Al Sharpton, and Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever. The Secretary met with these participants before the roundtable.
- (Left to Right): Marc Morial, Tanya Clay House, Khari Milner, Karen Sitnick, Rev. Dr. Staccato Powell, Secretary Hilda L. Solis, Kevin Dow, Linda Harris, Robert Carmona, Larry Benders, and Rev. Al Sharpton.
- Secretary Solis begins the roundtable discussion, surrounded by Senior Advisor to the Secretary and Director of Office of Public Engagement Dr. Gabriella Lemus, Assistant Secretary for Policy Dr. William Spriggs, Assistant Secretary for Employment Training Administration Jane Oates, and Assistant Secretary for Veterans’ Employment Training Service Ray Jefferson.
- Secretary Solis addresses her newly formed “brains trust” and speaks about her recent involvement in the Gulf. (From Left to Right): Clayola Brown, Tanya Clay House, Melanie L. Campbell, Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Jr., Rev. Dr. Staccato Powell, Linda Harris, and Rev. Al Sharpton.
- Secretary Solis leads a roundtable on summer youth programs in African American communities
- Secretary Solis discusses DOL investments in key states around the country.
- Assistant Secretary for Policy Dr. William Spriggs describes the purpose of the roundtable and solicits suggestions from participants to improve summer youth employment programs.