Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis visits the IBEW electrical training facility in Commerce, CA, and Los Angeles Trade Technical College
(November 24, 2009)
- Secretary Solis and White House Director of Urban Affairs Adolfo Carrion, sit at a workbench and look at electrical tools while visiting the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Training Facility.
- Secretary Solis, White House officials and labor leaders also had an opportunity to climb the center's rooftop, where more than 2,600 solar panels help the facility save more than $400,000 a year.
- Secretary Solis, White House officials and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villarigosa learn of the automotive and diesel technology training students are getting at Los Angeles Trade Technical College.
- Secretary Solis learns more about the training at Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Secretary Solis touring Los Angeles Trade Technical College with Mayor Villarigosa and others
- Secretary Solis touring Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College students listen at a press conference. Currently these students can take advantage of more than 52 green-integrated courses and four green-related degree and certificate programs in career-technical, science and health.